Voter Registration Information
The last day to register to vote before the Nov 8, 2016, General Election is October 11, 2016, at 4:30 p.m.
Download a mail-in application for voter registration.
• Print form on white paper only
• Complete and sign the form in blue or black ink (forms completed in pencil will be rejected)
• Mail or hand deliver the completed and signed form to:
Scott County Election Commission
PO Box 586
Huntsville, TN 37756
The above form may also be obtained at the following locations:
• Scott County Election Commission Office
• Any branch of the Scott County Library
• Any U.S. Post Office
• Scott County Clerk's Office
• Scott County Register of Deeds Office
You will receive your voter registration card by mail.
You are not a Registered Voter until you receive your card. Your voting precinct and voting location are listed on the card. KEEP IT FOR IDENTIFICATION PURPOSES WHEN YOU VOTE!
If you register by mail, you must vote in person the first time you vote.
Registering in Person
You may register in person at these locations:
• The Scott County Election Commission Office
• Motor vehicle office when applying for a driver's license
• Department of Human Services
• Department of Health
• Department of Mental Health and Retardation
• Department of Veteran's Affairs
Who Can Register?
You may register if you:
• Are a U.S. citizen
• A resident of Tennessee
• 18 years of age or older by election day
• Have not been convicted of a felony or, if convicted, had voting rights restored by court order or pardon
• Have not been declared mentally incompetent by a court of law